Our family would like to thank everyone at St. Louis Children's hospital and John's Hopkins Children's Surgical and Medical Center for everything they do every day. And thank you to everyone who has been so supportive with your thoughts and prayers.
Samantha Young Smith
March 20, 2000 - September 20, 2007.
peaceful and painless
We will still try to use this site for information about any arrangements. Someone else will be writing the posts from now on.
36 comments:
My thoughts and prayers are with you all ... I can't find the right words to express how sad I am with the news ....
Belen
I really wish I was there to give you a big hug. I can't even imagine what you all must be feeling. Just know that the prayers will continue. I LOVE YOU ALL. Vicki
Amy, I am so saddened by this news. We haven't kept in touch personally but I always remember and treasure our work together and being there at the beginning of little Samantha's life. Everyone was touched by her little smile. Love and prayers are sent your way.
Amy and family, I hope you can find some sort of peace during this time. I am thinking of you and praying for you.
There are many many people out there who are thinking of you and your family. We love you very much and all of us have been touched in some way or other by Samantha's warmth, charm and love for life as well as by the love that your whole family shows for each other every day.
My Sweet Lord!
God Bless Samantha and your family.
She is with the angels
Amy,
The news of Samantha's passing has left me sad for your loss and grateful that she is at peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Ken
I'm giving you a tight hug.
L
Amy - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am so sad to hear this news. Samantha touched and influenced us all. God bless her.
Amy, I was saddened to hear about the passing of your daughter. May God bless you and your family.
You have been in our thoughts and prayers these last few weeks. Samantha was an amazing child and we will cherish the fond memories. We are always here for you. Our deepest condolences…
The Millers
Amy, Andrew & Emma --
My heart positively aches for you. Samantha was a darling girl who deserved a much better chance.
Amy, I've always been in awe of your fierce devotion to Samantha and your towering courage in the face of this adversity. May God continue to give you the fortitude you need.
My family's thoughts are with all of you.
Bart
We love Samantha and will always remember your angel. We are so very sad. We pray for peace and comfort to be with all you at this time.
Love,
Kathy, Robert, and Meg Nelson
Dear Amy,
My girls and I were deeply saddened to hear about the loss of your precious Samantha. They enjoyed playing with her at Lilly's shower and I enjoyed her conversation. She was a ray of sunshine.
There are not enough words to express our sympathy. But hope you know that you're in our thoughts and prayers.
All our love,
Sara, Grace and Olivia Wilson
(friend of Liz)
I am hearbroken by this news; words can not truly convey how I feel; my prayers are with you and your family
Amy, I am so sorry and sad to hear about Sam. You and your family will be in my prayers. I can't even imagine what you must be going through, but you should know that you have a lot of friends that care about you.
I am truly saddened to hear about your family's loss Andrew & Amy. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Jodi Santini
I am very sorry to hear about your familys loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Matt Hakin
I treasure the time I had with Samantha. It is my real honor to have been a part of her life. I will never forget her and will keep her in my prayers. My heart is broken.
Martha
Amy, I am so sorry. There are no words. I am with you and your family in mind, heart and spirit.
Andrew, Amy, and Emma, a true tradgedy. No words can describe the loss of a child and sister so young. Our hearts are full of sorry for you all.
God bless,
Amy, Andrew and Emma:
My heart breaks for you. I hope you know that all of your friends, near and far love you and support you in this difficult time.
I believe in your incredible strength. I always have and I always will.
Love to you all,
Nicole
Amy, Andrew and Emma,
We just learned the sad news and wanted to tell you how sorry we are. We'll always have wonderful memories of Samantha. Know that we're thinking of you all at this sad time.
Love,
Susan, Assaad and Emma
Amy and Andrew,
You have been a very brave family and had many wonderful moments to remember with Samantha. You are in my prayers.
Love,
Connie Martin
Amy and Andrew,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. There are no words profound enough to express how sad your loss is. We hope that your family will find peace and consolation.
God Bless
-Roger and Marie Smith
I am so sorry to hear this news. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Bryan
Dear Amy and Family,
My family and I are praying for your strength and the strength of all your family members and friends to endure this incredibly painful season in your lives.
We also pray that your memories of Samantha will always shine brightly in your minds and, with time, eventually bring you comfort and peace.
We thank God for the gift of Samantha and the wonderful blessing she has been in your lives.
Bill Pritchett
My prayers and thoughts have been with you and Samantha. I wish the best for your family.
Take care!
love,
Rick
( from RT and ECMO)
Dear Amy and Andrew,
You are in our thoughts and prayers. Noah still says a special prayer for Samantha every night. She will always hold a special place in out hearts.
Love and hugs from Texas.
Please know that Joan and I have been touched by your blog and Samantha's story. Thank you for sharing so openly this devastating time. You have our sympathy and our wish for a deep peace.
We love you.
I was privileged to teach Samantha gymnastics at Silver Stars, and took great inspiration from her fearless embrace of life and her joy in learning. She was a bright spirit and a beautiful person. All of us at the gym will miss her.
Gayle Stamler
I remember the triumph of Samantha's successful lung transplant when she was a gorgeous little baby girl. I'm sure she gave you all a lifetime of love and happiness in her short life. My sincerest sympathies to all of the Young and Smith families. Samantha was a gift and will be remembered that way.
My heart and thoughts to out to you. I wish I could say or do more ...
Cecilia Fucuy
Amy, Andrew and Emma-
Altough we have not had much contact since Rock Creek Montessori, your beautiful girls stayed in our hearts and minds. Samantha was a gorgeous, luminous child and touched so many in her time here. We are all so saddened by the news and are praying for comfort and strength for you all.
- Heather, Wes and Zoe Kilgore
Post a Comment